This is my secondary blog and I can not follow from here. Avid sports fan who just likes sports photos and sports-related things.
It was sad watching the Chicago Bulls simply run out of ideas, but there’s only so much you can do with so many injuries.
To put Chicago’s poor offensive performance into context: The rest of the Bulls team only outscored Derrick Rose by nine points in the third quarter.
Can I tell you about my new man crush?
- Margus Hunt is from Estonia
- Margus is 6’8, 280 lbs and can run 40 yards in 4.6 seconds
- He’s a former world record discus thrower
- He’s a bronze olymic medalist
- In 2007, Margus goes to SMU to run track. SMU dropped its track program so Margus started playing this American Football thing that he’d heard about
- He taught himself the in’s and out’s of football by playing Madden.
- He taught himself English by watching American action movies — his favorite being Gone In 60 Seconds.
- At SMU he blocked 17 field goals. 17!
On Friday, Hunt was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals and a man crush was born.
2014 Winter Classic jerseys officially unveiled
Today, the NHL officially unveiled the 2014 Winter Classic jerseys, as modeled by the two kids in front. The men behind them are wearing the jerseys for the Alumni Game.
The Toronto jersey is essentially a 1934-35 throwback, although the stripes don’t go all the way up the sleeve this time (so that there can be sleeve numbers).
Detroit’s jersey is completely original (as the Red Wings have never made any significant changes since becoming the Red Wings) and features a “DETROIT” wordmark over a vintage Wings logo.
A few interesting things: Obviously, neither jersey is white- it will be a red vs. blue matchup. It’ll be problematic for anyone watching on a black-and-white tv… If there are any of those people left. (Seriously, NHL, just let everyone play color-on-color.)
Also, the Toronto jersey has white striping, but Detroit uses vintage white. I’m not sure how this will work out, but it’s clearly going to happen.